This weeks stretch is mid-back stretch, this is a great little stretch for golfers, swimmers and tennis players who use their backs a lot whilst doing their chosen sport.
It lengthens out the muscles in the middle of your back (Middle and lower Trapezius)
I like to do this from sitting but you can do it standing too.
Here’s how to do this stretch:
- Start sitting crossed legs or standing
- Place your elbows, forearms and palms together
- As you raise your arms above your head, keep your elbows together as long as you can
- As your forearms make it to your ears create a circle with your arms, keeping your elbows open
- Breathe IN on the upward motion and OUT on the downward motion