Mum and Baby Pilates
Pilates at Emsworth Community Centre
Tuesday 10:30 – 11:30 class starting on 10th May 2022
Join my restorative Pilates class for mum and baby (you don’t have to bring your little one if you don’t want to). During this hour session we shall work on improving the connection between your core and pelvic floor, strengthen and stabilise your entire body and give those beautiful babies some sensory exploration at the same time. Pilates is a very safe, gentle and highly effective exercise class, you can take part from six weeks after birth if you had a vaginal birth and 12 weeks if you had a C-section. Please do get clearance from your midwife or talk to your GP if you are unsure about when to return to exercise.
- Strengthen the pelvic floor muscles weakened by pregnancy and birth
- Help restore the abdominals (six pack muscle) after diastasis recti (abdominal separation)
- Build core strength and help regain your pre baby shape
- Ease backache and help with aches associated with feeding and lifting
- Tone and strengthen your entire body
- Improved posture making you look taller and leaner and using the correct muscles to hold you in place without fatiguing
- Meet other local new Mums
- Enjoy the endorphins of exercise and feel energised by life
Please note you will need to book online to attend these classes and there is a maximum of 8 spaces
Please bring your own Mat, towel for under your head and a towel/blanket or bouncer for your baby. I will supply a heuristic basket for each baby to explore. Get in touch if you don’t have a mat and I can provide you with one. I will supply resistance bands, blocks and balls if we are using them but you are welcome to bring your own too!
COST: £50 for six weeks
The address is: Emsworth Community Centre, North St, Emsworth PO10 7DD