Over the Summer we have had the opportunity to get outside and practise Pilates which has more health benefits than you might think! Including being great for your gut!
Exercising outside exposes you to a more diverse range of environmental microbes compared to indoor environments. This increased microbial exposure can contribute to a healthier and more diverse gut microbiome, which is linked to better digestion, immune function, and overall well-being.
Why outdoor exercise is so awesome:
- Increased Microbial Diversity: Exercising in natural environments exposes you to a wider variety of microorganisms in the soil, air, and on plants. This exposure can diversify your gut microbiome, which is associated with improved digestive health.
- Enhanced Immune Function: Outdoor exercise stimulates your immune system as it encounters various environmental microbes. This can help your immune system function more effectively, potentially reducing the risk of gut-related issues.
- Reduced Stress: Being in nature and exercising outdoors can reduce stress levels. Lower stress is linked to a healthier gut microbiome since high-stress levels can negatively impact gut health.
- Vitamin D Production: Sunlight exposure during outdoor activities can lead to the production of vitamin D in your skin. Vitamin D is important for gut health and can influence the composition of your gut microbiome.
- Improved Mental Health: Outdoor exercise often promotes better mental health, and mental well-being is closely connected to gut health. Stress reduction and a positive mood can indirectly support a healthier gut.
Remember, regular physical activity, whether indoors or outdoors, is essential for overall health. Incorporating outdoor exercise into your routine can offer specific benefits for your gut microbiology while also contributing to your general well-being.
Why not come and join us at our next outdoor class?Favorite